Outdoor access points offer WLAN for particularly secluded and expansive outdoor locations, for example at campsites, in sports stadiums, or at ski resorts. Thanks to their robust IP66 outdoor housings and an extended temperature range from -33 to +70°C, they stand up to even the most extreme weather conditions. The outdoor access points from LANCOM give you a choice of radio frequency; either in the 5-GHz or 2.4-GHz band. Support of the new Wi-Fi standard IEEE 802.11ac allows fast transmission rates of up to 867 Mbps.
The outdoor WLAN access points from LANCOM come in various types and the different outdoor antennas allow high-performance wireless LAN infrastructures to be established in open air environments. For example:
- Point-to-point links for connectivity between company sites that are several kilometers apart
- Fast wireless Internet access as an alternative to wired solutions
- Coverage over open areas for Wi-Fi access at hotels
- Gastronomy or educational facilities for guests or students
- WLAN connection of mobile machinery to the company server for real-time data collection, and
- Real-time status monitoring of systems that are exposed to extreme weather conditions