<- Back to: Press releases
LANupdate Roadshow demonstrates the potential of Cloud-based management and SDN for corporate networks
Network manufacturer LANCOM on tour in Europe for the tenth time
Aachen, April 27, 2017—LANCOM Systems, the leading German manufacturer of networking solutions for business customers and the public sector, is once again holding its long-standing roadshow LANupdate. The dominant subject for the 2017 spring tour is hyper-integrated network management based on the LANCOM Management Cloud (LMC). The LMC applies the benefits of software-defined networking (SDN) to entire corporate networks (SD-WAN, SD-LAN and SD-WLAN) and minimizes the effort invested in their design, configuration and management. At the same time, it lays the foundation for completely new business models. After successful stops in Austria and Germany the roadshow continues on May 10 in Hoevelaken in the Netherlands. Further dates take us to Ireland, Switzerland and Slovenia.
LANupdate offers exclusive insights into the market's hot topics, information about what's new at LANCOM, and the opportunity to talk with LANCOM experts directly. The spring 2017 roadshow offers a comprehensive overview of the key innovations in the LANCOM product portfolio:
• LANCOM Management Cloud: With the LMC, LANCOM takes the benefits of software-defined networking (SDN) to corporate networks. The configuration, management and monitoring of even the most complex infrastructures become highly automated. Users benefit from the highly efficient operation of their networks together with enormous savings in time and costs. Visitors to the LANupdate will experience this in a live demo and can learn more about the possible scenarios, the licensing model, and the roadmap of the world's first hyper-integrated network management solution.
• Enterprise-class Wi-Fi: LANCOM extended their Wi-Fi portfolio with four new access points of the latest generation. The powerful models of the LN-1700 and LN-860 series featuring IEEE 802.11ac Wave 2 support significantly increase the efficiency of wireless networks, and they allow the automatic configuration of the Wi-Fi by the LMC (SD-WLAN).
• Switch initiative: With five new switches and successors to established models, LANCOM is driving forward their expansion as a full-range supplier of switches. The new operating system LANCOM Switch OS 3.30 enables the integration of devices into the LANCOM Management Cloud (SD-LAN)
• LANCOM vRouter: The software router virtualizes a variety of network functions (NFV), which can be networked with and monitored by the LMC via SDN (SD-WAN). For example, operating as a gateway, the LCOS-based vRouter enables VPN tunnels to terminate in the Cloud.
The dates and venues in overview:
• May 10, Hoevelaken (NL), Bilderberg Hotel De Klepperman
• May 16, Kildare (IE), Carton House Hotel
• May 16, Zürich (CH), Radisson Blu Hotel, Zurich Airport (German)
• May 30, Ljubljana (SL), Radisson Blu Hotel Ljubljana
The event is aimed at LANCOM partners, ICT specialist resellers, system vendors, and any interested customers. Participation is free of charge. Visit the LANCOM website to register:
LANCOM Systems background:
LANCOM Systems GmbH is the leading German manufacturer of networking solutions for business customers and the public sector. LANCOM offers professional users secure, reliable and future-proof infrastructure solutions for local-area and multi-site networks (WAN, LAN, WLAN), as well as centralized network management based on software-defined networking technologies (SD-WAN, SD-LAN, SD-WLAN). The LANCOM routers, gateways and WLAN solutions are developed and manufactured in Germany, and a selection of the VPN portfolio is certified by the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) for the protection of particularly sensitive networks and critical infrastructures (EPCIP). LANCOM Systems has its headquarters in Würselen near Aachen, Germany. Customers include small and medium-sized enterprises, government agencies, institutions, and major corporations from Germany, Europe and, increasingly, worldwide.
Contact LANCOM Systems GmbH:
International PR Manager
Phone: +49 (0)89 665 61 78 – 69
Mobile: +49 (0)1743 469 170